Use the following checklist to assist you with the application process.
- Get started by reviewing the Instructions for Applicants.
- Complete the online Application Form.
- To ensure you will be able to perform the requirements as a student in the Medical Laboratory Science Program, print, review, sign and return the Essential Function Requirements.
Application requirements are subject to change at the beginning of each admission cycle.
Other Requirements for Admission
- This is required for all students at Methdidst Hospital
- You will be directed to a website for this service in early May and prior to beginning classes
- There is a fee for this background check
- This is required for all students at Methodist Hospital
- Screen will be completed at Nebraska Methodist College for a minimal fee
Timeline & Deadlines
The program accepts applications from August through October 15 (application deadline) for the next academic year's class. The Medical Lab Science Program at Methodist Hospital in Omaha, Nebraska, admits 6-10 students each year to provide the very best in personalized education in the medical laboratory sciences.
The MLS Professional Academic Year
Begins in late May and ends in early May of the following year. All prerequisites must be completed before entering the professional MLS Program.
October 15 (Application deadline)
The completed application form and supporting materials must be submitted to the Program Director by this deadline, including all Official Transcripts, Reference Forms, Narrative, and Résumé.
October – Early December (Interviews)
Qualified applicants will be contacted by the Program Director to schedule an interview. The interview session includes an individual interview with members of the admissions committee, a program overview and lab tour, and a written exercise.
Late December – Early January
Notification letters sent to applicants.
January 31 (Final application deadline)
Applicants submitting applications after the October 15 deadline will be considered only if there are openings in the class. The completed application form and supporting materials must be submitted to the Program Director by this deadline, including all Official Transcripts, Reference Forms, Narrative, and Résumé.
Nebraska Methodist Hospital does not discriminate against any employee, applicant, or student on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, sexual preference, or Vietnam era veteran status.
Interested in Applying?
For questions concerning the Medical Laboratory Science Program at Nebraska Methodist Hospital, contact Julie Richards, program director, at (402) 354-4563 or email Julie.Richards@nmhs.org.